Provided here are: quick written tutorials ,video tutorials, and step-by-step case studies. IGW2D is a real-time, interactive and visual software system for unified deterministic and stochastic groundwater modeling.
Taking advantage of recent developments in groundwater research, numerical simulation techniques, and visual programming, this software system allows for unified deterministic and stochastic groundwater modeling. The system is designed to simulate two-dimensional unsteady flow and reactive transport in general groundwater formations subject to both systematic and ‘randomly’ varying stresses and geological and chemical heterogeneity. The current version of the software, characterized by its full interactivity and built-in real-time and animated visualization, has the following distinct capabilities:
- High level and grid-independent conceptual modeling. This includes interactive visual specification and editing of model domain, aquifer properties and stresses over any arbitrarily shaped area at any point in time during the process of model construction, simulation, and analysis.
- Automatic grid generation and automatic conversion of conceptual representation to numerical model(s).
- Interactive simulation and ‘real-time’ visualization and animation of flow in response to deterministic as well as stochastic stresses.
- Interactive, visual, and ‘real-time’ particle tracking, random walk, and reactive plume modeling in both systematically and randomly fluctuating flow.
- Interactive and visual conditional simulation of hydrogeologic and geochemical spatial fields; ‘real-time’, visual and parallel conditional flow and transport simulations.
- Interactive scattered data interpolation, regression, and kriging.
- Interactive water and contaminant mass balance analysis with visual and real-time flux update.
- Interactive, visual, and ‘real-time’ monitoring of head hydrographs and concentration breakthroughs.
- Real-time modeling and visualization of aquifer transition from confined to unconfined to partially desaturated or completely dry and rewetting.
- Interactive, visual, and ‘real-time’ sub-scale modeling using telescopic approach.
- Interactive, visual, and ‘real-time’ stochastic Monte Carlo simulation.
Provided here are: quick written tutorials ,video tutorials, and step-by-step case studies.