Multiple Positions Open - Immediate Hire - Full Time
Hydrosimulatics Inc. is currently seeking self-motivated hydraulic/hydrologic modelers, programmers, an IT/cybersecurity administrator, and an office manager to support the upcoming rollout and continuous refinement and expansion of the first ever realtime, cloud-powered, and data-enabled global modeling platform for water resources research, education, consulting, and management.
These are growth positions for career-oriented persons who are seeking an opportunity to work with one of the most innovative hydrologic/hydraulic modeling groups. You will gain exposure to cutting edge modeling tools, novel programming techniques, and new computational thinking with a wide range of applicability. You will collaborate in an open and friendly work environment with very talented and passionate colleagues whose work in “realtime modeling”, “data-enabled modeling", “hierarchical patch dynamics”, and “social computational systems” is pushing the boundaries of water resources research, education, and problem solving, transforming the way modeling is done and even how people collaborate.
A significant portion of the work will be leading and contributing to the development and testing of modular data-driven or process-based simulation tools in fluid mechanics, hydraulics, hydrology, and water resources, integrating them into a smart water resources service system – a socially intelligent, dynamically evolving, realtime, global modeling platform, and creating - using natural market forces, a MAGNET for water (Multiscale, Adaptive, Global NETwork for water), pulling people together and enabling spontaneous community wide cocreation.
Depending on the assignment, there will be opportunity for creative problem-solving involving models, research and curriculum innovations, technological and business innovations, software development, database design and optimization, intelligent information integration, processing and analysis of massive datasets, client-server programming, high performance/parallel computing, and GIS application.Required Qualifications (All Positions)
- Positive, can-do attitude.
- Excitement for and willingness to learn new technologies.
- Must be self-driven, a critical thinker, and a quick learner.
- An ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Strong verbal, written, and active listening communication skills.
Preferred Additional Qualifications (Specific Positions)
We will assemble a team of programmers/modelers/IT experts with complimentary skillsets, which - together - fullfil the following preferred additional qualifications. An individual applicant need not necessary have all preferred experience/skills to be an ideal candidate for a position at HSA Inc.Hydrologic/Hydraulic Modelers and Programmers
- Master or Ph.D. degree in civil and environmental engineering or related fields (e.g., geological sciences and engineering, GIS and spatial science, computational science and mathematics), and/or bachelor degree in computer science and engineering.
- Experience/familiarity with existing water resources “community” modeling software and willingness to learn new modeling skills pertinent to the company vision.
IT/Network Security Administrator:
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science or engineering, or a related field; or the equivalent in experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage major IT efforts.
- Experience in building a cloud or working in a hybrid on- premise / public cloud environment.
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts and designing and building cloud ready applications / software integrations.
- Knowledge and experience in supporting large HPC (high performance computing) environment in production.
- Experience with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management (e.g., using Git), build processes, testing and operations.
- Experience in designing and implementing secure, high-availability cloud services in dynamic environments, including designing and implementing intrusion and spam detection, virus protection, automated backups (without impacting the production environment), and disaster recovery.
- Experience in load balancing with local and global traffic management solutions.
- Knowledge of data center facilities, connectivity, and infrastructure including power, HVAC, structured cabling, rack management.
- Ability to install pre-integrated racks, individual servers, and network appliances including routers, switches and firewall devices.
- Bachelors or Master degree in business or related fields.
- Experience in day-to-day business matters related to finance, legal issues, contracts, marketing, and digital advertising.
These positions are available immediately and will remain open until they are filled.
Work Location Lansing, Michigan – the capital city of Michigan, just west of Michigan State University and about 1.5 hours west of Detroit and 3 hours east of Chicago.
How to Apply - Please send a cover letter and resume documenting in detail your academic/professional experience to: email@example.com